Tuesday, November 10, 2009

OdLibby*s is Born!


It started off as a simple hobby of jewelry making to de-stress at home, but has recently turned into the beginnings of a (side) cash cow.  At the suggestions of my friends and family, I have begun to sell some of my pieces, and I am pleased that so many have shown their approval to my work.   Therefore, OdLibby*s has been born, created from the names of my beloved(s), Odysey and Liberty, who have shown their support by sitting at my feet under the dining room table while I work.  Each one of my pieces is handcrafted by myself, and given a name to distinguish their unique quality.  I am a total magpie when it comes to shiny, sparkly things, so it has been only natural that I find enjoyment in creating "baubles" with my own hands. :)  I find inspiration from many different things that I come across in this world from nature, culture, history, or the arts...from the simple to the exoticI think it is awesome that I can share with others, while making a little cash in the process.  Who wouldn't love that? ;)  I plan on posting some of my work here in the hopes of inspiring others.  Definitely, share your comments. :)

3 comments:

  1. oh my gosh congratulations that is amazing! All of the pieces look incredible and you should be very proud of yourself. it takes a real woman with some big lady balls to put themselves out there. so many people are complacent and never put their dreams into action. even if you didnt succeed (which im sure you will) you are already light years ahead of almost everyone else. that way you can never look back and wonder what if. have you listed any of your stuff on Etsy yet? If not you definitely should.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mrs M! :) It has been exciting. Let me know if you ever have your eye on one of my pieces, I will give you the Slacker Chic discount. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Congrats on the business and the blog. Totally not surprised...you've always been crazy talented. ;)

    ReplyDelete